Blacken Soy EggsJune 15th, 2013 by administrator
Absolutely superb as appetizers or starters, these Blacken Eggs are available in most Chinese restaurants of Port-Louis and in China Towns around the world. Why not try my extremely easy recipe today and be a “Chef” yourself.
Serve 1212 fresh eggs
1 cup dark soy sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp 5-spices
½ tsp crushed black pepper
6 tbsp brown sugar
• Place eggs in single layer in saucepan. Cover with cold water. Cover pot with lid and bring to a boil 15 minutes at medium heat. Drain and cool under cold water, peel.
• In a sauce pan, roast spices for few seconds, add sauces and sugar, mix and bring to boil.
• Add eggs, reduce heat and admire your work, keep turning eggs until coated and colored to dark brown.
• Remove from the sauce, reserve the sauce.
• To serve, cut eggs length wise in 4, drizzle some of this beautiful caramel sauce over the eggs, serve hot or warm.
• Remaining sauce may be kept in the fridge for 48 hours and use as marinade.