Exotic Chicken BasketsNovember 13th, 2013 by r.daswani
Xmas is just around the corner, time is now to prepare the menus and enjoy great holidays.
Serves – 48 wonton wrappers
300g diced chicken
200g shredded cabbage
200g shredded cucumber
1 chopped onion
¼ cup mayonnaise
½ cup full cream milk
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped chives
Oil for frying
• In a frying pan, heat oil and sauté onions with chicken, drain when done, add salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
• Overlapping one wonton on top of the other create an 8 corners star. Continue and form other stars.
• One by one fry stars in hot oil, pressing down to obtain baskets, drain on absorbent paper, set aside.
• In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk and lemon juice, fold in chicken, cabbage and cucumber.
• To serve, arrange one or two large lettuce leave on a plate; place a basket on lettuce, top up with chicken mix in the middle of the basket and sprinkle with some chives.